Geelong to Uganda

Geelong to Uganda
Google image of trip from Geelong (my home) in Australia to Karamoja, Uganda!

Friday 28 September 2012

Extra Ordinary Women of Uganda

Extra Ordinary - Significant Women of Uganda.
"I love to catch the sunrise. I love the multifaceted aspect of being feminine. I love God. He inspires me to see the best in life, people, myself and my work." Jennifer Mypisi. Designer/Architect

"If I could speak to my younger self, I'd say; "Baby girl you can be all that and then some. Give life time. Give yourself time." Dr Paula Mundari. Physician.

"While in exile I had to carry my child on my back and walk to the market. I'd learnt that the high status I'd enjoyed before was - an addition to me and not who I truly am." Florence Nakyoni. Human Rights Activist.

"My day of courage dawned when I met President Amin. I didn't know whether I would come back alive or dead. I know who I am because of the commitments I have made in my life." Juliana Bezuidenhout. Girl Guide/Presidential Advisor.

"Every day is unique and when it is gone, it is gone forever." Maria Kiwanuka. Entrepreneur.

"I come from a strong line of women. I look at my grandmother, my aunts and my mum, and I know that I too can make it. I am emotional and intuitive." Gloria Wavumono. Fashion Designer.

"God comes first. Fear Him and have integrity." Leticia Kikonyogo. Deputy Chief Justice.

No comments:

Post a Comment